Tips to Keep Your Pipes From Freezing
Winter is coming, and with it, freezing temperatures! Waking up on a freezing cold morning to having your plumbing pipes frozen is something that no one wants to experience. SERVPRO of Williamsport / Montoursville wants to give you few things that you can do to avoid a catastrophic issue in your home:
- Make sure your pipes are well-insulated
- Open cabinets to expose plumbing to more heat
- Keep garage door closed to keep the cold air out
- Let faucets drip slightly since moving water doesn't freeze as quickly
- Ensure that any cracks or holes from the outside of the house are sealed
- Turn up the heat!
- Open interior doors to allow the heat to circulate
- Seal crawl space openings
- Apply heat tape to exposed pipes for a little extra heat
If your home or business experiences frozen pipes, call our office immediately at (570) 546-3500!